Asparagus and Crab Omelette, crunchy green with buttery egg and delicate flavors of crab, a healthy power packed 15 minute breakfast or brunch recipe that keeps you full for hours.
When you want to make something really special for just one person and not an entire crowd. This is a pretty looking special omelette you can make for breakfast in bed plan. It will look like you put a lot of thought into it and taste delicious too. The sweetness of the crab goes well with the buttery flavors of fresh eggs. Asparagus and radish are is so in season right now, adds a crunch and bite with fresh bright color. It is a welcome break from spinach and tomatoes.
Why you should try this recipe ?
- The easiest recipe to whip up for breakfast/brunch that will look fancy but with minimal effort. Think Mother's Day, Father's Day, Birthdays ...
- When you want to eat something that is in season fresh and fast. Asparagus and pink baby radishes are in season and Spring time favorites.
- Egg and crab flavors go well together without over powering each other.
- Best way to use up leftover tinned or salad crab, leftover veggies etc.
- You can make just for one person or portion size it to each individual's taste.
If you are looking for a lunch/ dinner option then a small portion of any green leafy salad or a nice tomato basil soup or white bean soup will make it a fulfilling meal.
Ingredient substitutes :
- Instead of crab use tinned salmon, rotisserie chicken, ham etc. Just make sure to break the chunky pieces.
- Mushroom, cherry tomato , spinach etc are other options for asparagus.
- Instead of cheese top off with a dollop of sour cream orange light drizzle with any hot sauce for extra heat.
- Herbs like chives, parsley etc can go with omelette.
Do not over stuff the asparagus omelette. It is better to serve the extras on the side.
Reduce butter and go for just olive oil for a leaner omelette.
Other egg recipes -
Asparagus and Crab Omelette
- 3 Eggs
- 6-8 stalks Asparagus
- 2-3 tsp Crab Salad crab or frozen cooked or tinned
- 1 tbsp Parmesan grated
- 2 stalks Spring onion
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse asparagus chop off it the woody ends Keep half of them without chopping and chop some to add to the omelette while cooking.
- Heat a pot of water add a tsp of salt allow it to boil add the asparagus into it give it a minute when the color turns light green remove immediately and allow to cool.Whisk the eggs with a fork adding salt and pepper and keep it ready.
- Heat a small nonstick pan and add the olive oil when it heats up add add the butter as soon as it melts reduce heat add the whisked eggs give it a few seconds then add the chopped asparagus, crab and the half the grated cheese. Cover and cook until the egg is cooked completely.
- Microwave the serving plate for 30 seconds. Then immediately serve the omelette on it along with toasted bread slices and fresh vegetables and cooked asparagus stalks with a lightly dusted cheese on top.
Hope you love this asparagus omelet and would give this a try.