Honey glazed Salmon is tender flaky fish covered with moist spicy sweet sauce. A tray bake recipe for a busy weeknight that gets ready in 20 minutes.
Buttery soft salmon is a welcome change from chicken and so is the cauliflower rice from the regular rice.
Cooking cauliflower rice :
- Healthy Cauliflower rice takes 10 minutes on high heat to cook until tender, comes together in no time when mashed gently with a potato masher or rolling pin, when florets are still hot.
- If you are not looking for tiny specs then this is the easiest way to make cauliflower rice. This avoids the extra step of food processor grinding then squeezing the water out etc.
- When you don’t have tiny grains it is lot easier to steam in a steamer.
What kind of salmon should I use?
While a good wild caught skin on is the best individually packed frozen is your next best option, definitely worth the try. Although salmon is much expensive than chicken it is much cheaper to have it home cooked to your liking instead of going out and ordering one in the restaurant and paying big bucks.
Will the salmon fillets dry out in the oven?
No, salmon will not dry out in the given time because mayonnaise contains oils that will ensure the salmon stays moist even after cooling down so does honey. An even coating of the two will keep the fillet moist and tender.
- Honey – Is too sweet for you then adjust sweetness in the following combinations. The syrupy texture comes from the sugars TRY- soy sauce + brown sugar or Bourbon + brown sugar
- Sriracha – Is too spicy for you then go for then a lack of better alternative I would suggest red tomato paste with spice of your choice.
Freshly crushed spices like garlic , ginger, black pepper etc can add zing to the salmon
Easy honey glazed salmon
- 3 fillets Salmon
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Honey I have used hot honey
- 1 tbsp Sirarcha
- Salt to taste
Side dish : Cauliflower rice
- 1 head Cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 sprigs Spring onion chopped
Cooking Cauliflower rice:
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and put into a steamer and steam for 10 minutes on high. Remove and easily mash with a potato masher or end of a rolling pin when it is still hot. Set aside to cool.If it is too wet for your liking spread on a baking sheet and pop in the oven for 5 minutes for excess moisture to dry up.Add seasoning or flavorings if you wish I like it plain with some chopped spring onion.
Cooking Salmon :
- Wash the salmon fillets and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Mix all the ingredients given the marinade list. Split this into half. Keep one half for final serving Use other half for marinating – Apply evenly on the fish fillets to cover all sides.
- Preheat oven to 400 °F . Arrange the fillets on a baking tray with enough space around each. Bake for 15 -20 minutes.After around 10 minutes lightly brush just the top with the marinade and continue baking.
- Once the salmon is ready serve it immediately with extra sauce drizzled on top and with the side dishes. cauliflower sautéed / steamed. Spiced broccolini or any other greens of your choice.
Hope you will give this super fast easy 20 minute honey glazed salmon a try and let me know.