Sweet ripe mango and cashew smoothed out in the blender turns into this rich and luscious golden yellow color dipping sauce for barbecues, spicy wings or fresh veggie sticks.
Sriracha and pepper together may seem spicy hence add or reduce accordingly . The heat and umami flavors of mayo cuts down the sweetness and brings a good balance of sweet and spicy flavors.
Ripe mango is just not for desserts and drinks you won’t believe how well it goes with savory dishes too. I promise you are going to love this dip but please make only in small quantities if you are on diet because once you dip your finger into this pool there is no going back, its soo creamy and delicious.
If you are thinking of a healthy snack and dip then swap chicken wings with baby carrots, celery steamed broccoli etc and make the mango dip vegan by using a vegan mayo.
What kind of mangoes are used for making mango dipping sauce ?
Any kind of mango can be used for making the dipping sauce depending on the requirement. A tart mango will make the dipping sauce taste tart it goes well with a nice spicy grilled meat. The sharp tart tastes cuts the fatty flavors of the meat. If sweet ripe mangoes are used it will taste milder and towards the sweeter side.
Go to a good Indian grocery store or Costco for ripe sweet mangoes. If fresh is not available then freezer section too has a good selection. Canned mango pulp is much sweetened and runny in nature and it would dilute the thickness of the dip.
- Mango : Use ripe sweet mango with least fiber for best results. Fibrous pulp will destroy the dip texture and ruin the silky smoothness completely. (Check best variety given above in fAQ section.
- Mayonnaise : It adds texture and volume to the mango dip. Use plain, flavored or vegan as per choice
- Sirarcha sauce : Replace with any other hot sauce of your choice.
- Cashew nut : Replace with toasted almonds, walnut or other nuts of your choice.
Best way to use up the salted nuts and bits remaining in the mixed nut pack.
Soaking the cashew nut helps in grinding smoothly. Hence use hot water to speed up the process
Store the dip in the refrigerator up to two days but fresh made tastes best.
Best Mango cashew dipping sauce
- 1/2 of 1 Ripe Mango Chopped
- 2-3 pieces Mango peel Chopped
- 8-10 pieces Cashewnut (roasted tastes better) Use leftover salted ones
- 1-2 tsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Sirarcha
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the mango. Reserve 2-3 strips of peel to give intense mango flavors.
- Soak the cashew in 1/2 cup hot water for 10 minutes so it softens a bit. Discard the water before grinding.
- Grind the cashew nuts, peel and mango together in the blender to fine paste adding the mayonnaise siracha salt and pepper.
- Keep it chilled and serve along with hot and spicy baked wings or veggie sticks.
Hope you will give this Best Mango cashew dipping sauce recipe a try.