Mango Kheer / Mango Payesh
Mango Kheer / Mango Payesh is a Bengali dessert made with sweet ripe mango, rice and milk which has a runny pudding consistency and no-fuss dessert that comes together in no time.
(Makes only 4 small bowls)
Ingredients for mango kheer / mango payesh
Mango – 1 large ripe mango (Use sweet variety)
Basmathi rice – 1 tbsp
Granulated Sugar- 1 tbsp
Milk – 1 cup
Cream – 1/2 cup
1. Slivered pistachios and almonds for garnishing on top
2. Powder the rice coarsely and soak it in a cup of water for an hr or soak the rice for a hour then grind coarsely.
3. Cut off mango peel chop half into cubes and other half into puree.
4. Boil the milk .As soon as the milk comes to a the boil add the rice with the water keep stirring until it begins to to thicken and the rice is cooked. (If you touch the grains it should not be firm or powdery but sticky and effortlessly mash between your fingers.)
5. Add sugar, thicken the kheer for some more time then add cream and mango pureed cook for few more minutes . Switch off flame and pour into serving dish and chill.
6. While serving garnish the mango kheer with slivered nuts and chopped mango pieces.