Mango Kheer / Mango Payesh is a Bengali dessert made with sweet ripe mango, rice and milk which has a runny pudding consistency and no-fuss dessert that comes together in no time.
(Makes only 4 small bowls)
Ingredients for mango kheer / mango payesh
Mango - 1 large ripe mango (Use sweet variety)
Basmathi rice - 1 tbsp
Granulated Sugar- 1 tbsp
Milk - 1 cup
Cream - 1/2 cup
1. Slivered pistachios and almonds for garnishing on top
2. Powder the rice coarsely and soak it in a cup of water for an hr or soak the rice for a hour then grind coarsely.
3. Cut off mango peel chop half into cubes and other half into puree.
4. Boil the milk .As soon as the milk comes to a the boil add the rice with the water keep stirring until it begins to to thicken and the rice is cooked. (If you touch the grains it should not be firm or powdery but sticky and effortlessly mash between your fingers.)
5. Add sugar, thicken the kheer for some more time then add cream and mango pureed cook for few more minutes . Switch off flame and pour into serving dish and chill.
6. While serving garnish the mango kheer with slivered nuts and chopped mango pieces.
Didn't realise I have not hit the like button until you've mentioned. Mistakes and mistakes we do make the blogs but guess no one is perfect. I love the kheer with mango and happy belated birthday to your baby.
Many congratulations and lovely dessert to celebrate the occasion
May I ask what tool do you use for your post photography additions? I loved the way you did the small art and the details.. Lovely!. All the best and keep cooking and sharing to the world..
Thank you Nava, very kind of u to hit the like.
I would really love to say some sophisticated tool's name but the truth is I use picmonkey,picasa or anything available online hope u won't laugh:)))
Thank you for dropping by Famidha.
Wish you many more years my dear!
Congrats on the blog anniversary!! The mango kheer sounds so exotic and I am sure it must have tasted delicious.
Congrats again dear,the kheer must have been delicious once chilled...yummy and perfect for the weather 🙂
Congrats on Third Anniversary ! Wish you many more years of happy blogging !
Thank you so much lovely ladies ur words mean a lot to me.
Remya Elizabeth Anish
Congratz for the anniversary dear..... Love this mango payasam....n love to try this version of payasam.......... Wishing u form many more beautiful years of blogging dear.............. Ur visit also mean a lot for me dear.... 🙂