Cranberry sauce in 4 minutes -with perfect crunch, flavor, aroma, tartness and ruby red color. 5 ingredients sweet and tart cooked cranberry to keep you company all through Thanksgiving and beyond.
This is a superb, proven winning recipe that has pleased crowds of all ages. I kid you not when I say this, my local grocery sells this like hot cakes.
Best cranberry sauce secrets - to get it right every time!
- Do not skip the adding the sugar- This gives the perfect thick texture to the cranberry juice. Unless you want a really runny liquid. You may substitute it with your sweetness or artificial flavorings but plain granulated sugar works best.
- Do not stir the cranberry after adding the sugar in the instant pot- Heat allows the cranberries to pop after a little bit of cooking and the liquid already present in the pot both will melt the sugar and give it a beautiful thick texture. But if you mix it the sugar touches the bottom of the pot. when heat comes in direct contact with sugar particles the chances of it turning burnt are more. Hence resist stirring at all costs.
- No spices are needed to add extra taste as orange rind does its job so well flavor and fragrance is spot on. Just remember no white part of orange called pith should be used. Else the cranberry sauce will turn really bitter.
Ideas to use up leftovers are :
- In sandwiches
- Condiments with grilled meats and poultry
- Over night oats
- Morning granola yogurt can be spruced with beautiful ruby re d sweet n tart flavors.
Similar interesting condiments to try are :
Cherry preserve - spiced cherry in instant pot
A variety of choices from sweet to tart to spicy condiments here
Cranberry Sauce in 4 minutes
- Instant pot
- 8 oz Organic cranberry ( 225 gms pack -1 )
- 1/4 cup Navel Orange rind
- 1/4 cup Pomegranate
- 1/4 cup Walnut chopped
- 1 cup Plain granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup or more Water (or orange juice - Optional)
- Wash the cranberry well , discard the rotten berries.Peel the orange rind without the white part and chop into small pieces (Check video for clear view)
- Into the instant pot first spread the cranberry evenly. Then add all the ingredients on top one by one evenly distributed. (not heaped) Remember not to stir after putting the ingredients (explained above)
- Set instant pot on MANUAL Mode( Pressure cooker mode) for --> 4 MINUTES.20 Minutes on natural pressure release.
- After the 20 minutes of natural pressure release is done open the lid stir well. Once cool store the cranberry sauce in an airtight container.Stays good on counter for 1 -2 days. Lasts 2-3 weeks if refrigerated well.
- Water or orange juice could be used. If you need more liquid in the sauce add more Â water or orange juice before cooking in step 2.
Cranberry fruit and leaves comes into use for in treating bladder stomach and liver disorders. Why drain your money on canned and bottled stuff when you can make something healthy and yummy all season long!
Hope you will give this cranberry sauce in 4 minutes recipe a try and let me know.