Strawberry syrup is a bright red sugary syrup used in many drinks for flavor and color. If you have really ripe strawberries and don't want to eat them then u got make this syrup before they get spoilt.
100% HOMEMADE strawberry syrup made with in 15 minutes without any additives or artificial color.
This is an updated post (Original -2016 June) simply adding a new video and easy to find recipe card since this recipe is a keeper I haven't changed anything. I have made sooo many batches every year after that. Makes an excellent gift. We call it strawberry concentrate/ squash.
How to use the strawberry syrup:
The strawberry syrup will make your drink pop beverages
- Mock tails, cocktails u name it.
- Make a strawberry lemonade, strawberry soda
- Drizzle some on ur pancake or waffle.
- Go for a tsp or two on your dessert topping or ice cream too for that extra strong berry flavor.
- Simply mix with some cold water ( 4 parts water to 1 part syrup) stir well and drink (Thats our squash 🙂 )
Other interesting strawberry recipes to try are :
SWEET : Strawberry iced tea , Strawberry yogurt pudding
SAVORY : Strawberry sandwich, Strawberry Salsa, Strawberry curry
How to get perfect homemade strawberry syrup ?
The perfect strawberry simple syrup is packed berry aroma and flavor with sweetness. Now coming to the secret,
- Cooking in low temperature ensures most of the flavor and aroma does not evaporate and lost.
- The sugar does not need not boiling for the syrupy texture. Simply adding the sugar to hot syrup instead of adding it while cooking the berries will do the job. Then simmer it on low flame to achieve required thickness.
- Do not squeeze out the pulp after cooking this will turn the syrup cloudy and thick. Also the seeds will become hard to remove later. ( If you like specs of it in the syrup then go ahead)
- Reduce the amount of water (and sugar if u like) poured while cooking to 1 cup and you will be left with a really thick consistency syrup so you can drizzle on top of pancake or ice cream.
- 1 lb (or less) Strawberry Over ripe ones are fine
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 cups Water
- Wash the strawberries well, core it discard the green, roughly chop the berries.
- Boil 2 cups of water along with strawberry slices bring it to a full boil and reduce flame and allow it to simmer for 15 minutes in low flame. (High heat will distroy the sweet berry aromas)
- Then strain the mixture add sugar stir until dissolved then simmer for 10-15 minutes until the syrup thickens slightly.(Note: Do not boil the syrup on high heat as the taste of sugar changes and will give a slight bitter taste.)
- When it cools down pour it into clean dry bottle and refrigerate until use.
- SERVING SUGGESTION : Pour 2 tbsps of strawberry syrup into a glass filled with ice. Pour soda or sparkling water till the brim of the glass and serve immediately.
Hope you will give this recipe a try and let me know.
Stunning images Meena! For a second, i thought it was an ad for Vodka or something!
He hee thank you Ramya.
Amazing shots Meena... totally loved the play of light... I still remember that crystal bottle... hehe...
Yo yo kotiipichu kollum
Remya Elizabeth Anish
Amazing clicks...... love them and I feel to make it... 🙂
Omg... those pics.. blew my mind away Meena..have been missing some visual treats for quite sometime.. lovely recipe.. quite a handy one to spike up the desserts 🙂
I could not take my eyes of the picture on FB !!! Really fab...
Truly attractive and a home version is always a joy to quench the thirst.
Anupa Joseph (Palaharam)
Sooo beautifully captured.... kanditte kothiyavunnu
I am saving the recipe, my husband will like it very much in cocktails.
Syrup with strawberries!!! Interesting and l loved the moody images.