Pumpkin, milk fudge is an easy to make dessert that a delightful aroma and taste of caramel and milk. Make with staple pantry ingredients such as pumpkin purée, milk powder, condensed milk etc that are easily available in any grocery store.
A version of popular Indian sweet is often made in Indian homes called doodh peda. With the goodness of pumpkin, melt in the mouth, bite-size dessert that can go with Fall theme occasion. Diwali , Thanksgiving parties etc
Pumpkin milk fudge is a fusion dessert.
Usually milk desserts are made with thickened dried milk products. I have canned used condensed milk and dry milk powder combination here instead which makes it easier do you work with than spending a lot of time stirring the milk to get it reduced.
Pumpkin milk fudge ingredients
- Pumpkin purée – I have used organic pure unsweetened pumpkin purée.
- Milk powder – use unsweetened milk powder so you have control of the sweetness added.
- Condensed milk – I have used full fat condensed milk for a rich taste
- Butter / Ghee - I have used butter here I melted it and turned it into ghee. If you have ghee use it directly.
- Flavoring- Cardamom powder adds a beautiful aroma to the Peda. Instead you may use vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin spice or saffron etc.
Remember: If you're using butter remember to heat up nicely and allow it to melt and become brown butter or ghee as this will increases the shelf life of the fudge. Butter will spoil easily and down the fudge rancid quickly. Hence use directly only if you are going to consume or serve the fudge on the same day.
If you are not serving it on the same day remember to refrigerate the fudge in an airtight container. Sure the fudge pieces are not touching each other so that the shapes shape of the disk remains intact. It may harden up slightly as it sits, as the sugar solidifies.
Steps for making Pumpkin Milk fudge :
Popular here :
I have a variety of milk desserts posted here on the blog.
- Milk fudge - Shaped and looks exactly like a miniature apple (made in the same process
- Milk fudge - Shaped and looks exactly like a miniature white pumpkin. Has a dry fruit filling inside.
- Milk pudding - Pure thickened milk-based pudding is very delicious and very versatile you can add any topping of your choice
Pumpkin, milk fudge
- 1 cup Pumpkin purée 8 oz
- 1 cup Milk powder 8 oz
- 3 tbsp Condensed milk
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- in a heavy bottom pan first melt the butter and allow it to turn into Ghee. Reduce heat to lowest . Now add in the pumpkin purée allow it to heat up immediately add the milk powder mix vigorously until there are no lumps.
- Allow the mixture too heat up well once it starts to boil add the condensed milk keep stirring continuously. The mixture should thicken and reduce to a ball consistency and it should leave the sides of the pan. Add the cardamom powder towards the end give it a good stir. Transfer the mixture into a wide plate ones the mixture has reached bearable heat start making the balls.
- Use a cut glass that has the impressions on it to make a design on the shaped ball. Set each one without touching each other on another plate give it a few hours to cool down well and firm up. If you are not serving it on the same day remember to refrigerate the fudge in an airtight container. It may harden up slightly as the sugar solidifies.
Hope you will give this pumpkin and milk fudge a try and let me know.