A sweet fudge made with ricotta cheese and condensed milk .
Would you like to please your Valentine with something different ? Looking for small portion size dessert, something that does not make you feel guilty or wreck your diet well then this fudge is just right for you. Mini sweet apples… how cool is that ! Lately I have been longing to make something special that has nothing to do with chocolate….yet appealing .Chocolate haters and milk lovers this way please…scroll down guys u will love it !
Indians do make a lot of milk based fudges with similar ingredients, this is my take on it which is sure to impress.
Don’t they look cute !!Anything in miniature is sure to catch one’s eye, right!
Opening a condensed milk can bring back a lot of childhood memories .I was not fond of all desserts made at home but would make sure the can shines like new Oh! I did that every time :)) .I am sure most of you would have done that.Look at the lusciousness !! I mean.. how can you feel like wasting even a drop :).
Ingredients – ( Yields around 30 mini fudges )
(Work on a low to medium heat only.Not a speck should be burnt so please do not leave it unattended, without stirring)
When the heat of the dough is bearable roll into small rounds .Grease your palms with butter every time you shape the rounds .The surface should not any crack it should look smooth and even. (See note).Make a small dent with your little finger and put a clove upright into the center of the dent .Work this part as fast as you can because the dough will dry out .
For coloring :
Serve it on a beautiful plate :))
Carefully place two or three tiny apples on a large scoop of vanilla or caramel flavored ice cream.Milk fudge and ice cream are great combos.
Use it to decorate the dessert u have made instead of sprinkles and nuts.
I decided to increase the color intensity with lil more touch up the next day. Ideally they look more life like when pale is my verdict.
- If u feel the dough is falling apart and not holding shape then u may have to put it back on stove and stir it well.A good rule would be to test shaping one while still on the stove.
- The cooked dough is like a pliable play dough it can be molded into any shape you like heart, square u name it .The imagination is the limit but you have to work fast other wise it becomes dry like I said but all is not lost because the dough has oils.If the round begins to crack and u are not getting the desired effect while shaping just squeeze the small rounds in between your butter greased palms hard and reshape till the surface is smooth.
- Coloring is optional u could leave it out and do all the rest still it would look really good..I colored only a few with red .
- Oh almost forgot! clove has a strong taste so plan ahead on the stalk suitable to ur taste buds.
- The stirring can seem monotonous but I can tell u it is totally worth the effort.
- If all else fails just divide the dough into two add any color of ur choice to one dough.On a greased tray level the plain one first then the colored one even out the top.Run the knife to mark the squares let it set ,when cool it can be eaten.Have a look at the related posts given below.
- Good at room temperature.Refrigerate after one or two days.