A gluten free, dairy free alternative for the regular full fat casserole we usually make .
I hope at least some of you are sticking to your new year resolutions and carrying on with all the vigor.I have been sluggish and groggy past few days as the weather has been playing havoc on my allergies.I look like the Malayalam T.V serial star who has cried all day.
Some days everything is fine but the other days it is not so good. Haven’t made anything spicy for many days, cooking has come down to just what is required. I have been looking for something that does not trigger my allergy.These kind of casserole or one pot recipes have always come to my rescue.
You can play with the recipe in terms of spice.
White onion – 1 chopped
Red chili flakes – 1 tsp
Coconut milk – 1/2 of 15 oz can
Spring onion -2 -3(chopped)
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Wash and soak the rice for 20 minutes.While that is soaking get the chicken ready.
Slightly oil the sides and base of the 9×13 casserole dish.
2.Cut chicken into small cubes. Apply salt and pepper and keep aside for 15 minutes.
3.Crush the ginger and garlic.
4. Heat veg oil in a pan and add the ginger garlic crushed and saute till it becomes golden brown then add the onions and saute till slightly transparent.Then the carrots, saute for two minutes then the celery and bell pepper saute one more minute adding salt & pepper and remove it into casserole dish.
5. In the same pan (need not add oil)saute the chicken adding chili flakes until sides are slightly brown but need not be cooked.Remove into the casserole dish.
6. If you like the rice separated and not mashed up in the end do this step but if you like it that way just add to the casserole dish straight .Drain the rice off well and in the same pan saute the rice for 4 -5 minutes until its slightly crisp.Add it to the casserole dish.Mix everything well add coconut milk and 2 cups of water if u want it dry and a half cup more if u like it slightly soggy.
7.Preheat the oven to 350 F and bake for 30 – 40 minutes depending on the consistency u want.Let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.
8.Sprinkle some spring onion and serve with a nice salad.
- Since there is no cheese on top of the casserole the top layer tends to get a bit dry so keep an eye and stir in between if u want.
- Adding a can cream of mushroom soup is a great option instead of coconut milk.
The Heritage Cook: Tex-Mex Arroz con Pollo (Gluten-Free)
Jeanette’s Healthy Living: Smoked Sausage Chicken Cassoulet
Big Girls, Small Kitchen: Cheesy Butternut Squash Enchiladas
Dishin & Dishes: Black Bean Enchilada Pie
Weelicious: Chicken Wild Rice Casserole
Dishing with Divya: Chicken Mushroom and Black Bean Tortilla Casserole
Taste With The Eyes: Paella Rice with Baby Octopus & Meyer Lemon
Blue Apron: 11 Super Casserole Recipes for a Super Bowl Feast
Napa Farmhouse 1885: Pork Chop Casserole with Crimini Mushrooms
Red or Green: Stacked Cheese Enchiladas with New Mexican Red Chile Sauce
Elephants and the Coconut Trees: Chicken and Rice Casserole
The Sensitive Epicure: Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole (Gluten-Free)
Domesticate Me: Mushroom, White Bean and Brown Rice Casserole with Bacon and Gruyere
Daily*Dishin: Chicken Tetrazzini Casserole
FN Dish: The New Age of Casseroles