An ideal recipe to make on days when u reach home really late from office , not one bit of energy left to slog in the kitchen ,yet want to eat a home cooked meal.
Just throw everything in the rice cooker,switch it on and by the time u are back from a refreshing shower and a lil chit chat it will be ready.In fact the cooking smells are so inviting that it is sure to make u hungry.May be u can make a nice raita or salad if u please.U could even make in the morning and take for lunch .
Any time I have to cook only for myself it is such a pleasure to have vegetable rice because the rice cooker takes care of everything I just need to fill it ,shut it and forget it !! leaving the kitchen in 5 minutes.plop on the couch and put my feet up and lazily read a book...i mean common who does love that kind of ease?
Note that the rice is not sauteed in oil instead I tsp of oil is added while cooking which helps the rice to fluff up without sticking to each other.Butter does add a distinct aroma to the rice so feel free to add it.
Ingredients- for 2 servings approx
Green chili- 1 cut into small pieces(optional)
Whole black pepper- 10 or 1/2 tsp powder
Biriyani masala powder- 1 - 1&1/2 tsp ( I have used SHAN mutton biriyani masala powder)
Veg oil -1 tsp / Butter - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves- few
- Microwave papad for around 1 minute on High ,so no worry of frying 🙂 Do keep an eye on it but!
- I like my raita really thick so I make it with sour cream instead of yogurt.
- Note that I have not used onion at all as it will get mushy in cooker.
- U can buy a bag of frozen mixed vegetable use 1 cup or slightly more in this recipe.
- Use water for cooking rice as per ur rice cooker instructions.
Hope this recipe comes in handy ,do let me know if it worked for you.