Ground beef with peas, a high protein dish to make easily on a weeknight when you have store bought flat bread to go with it.
Minced meat -1 lb
Peas – 1 cup ( frozen)
Red onion – 2 chopped
Tomato – 2 diced
Bay leaf – 1
Mustard oil – 2 to 3 tsp
Chili powder – 1 tsp (use as per tolerance)
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/3 tsp
Salt to taste
Cardamom -3, Cloves- 5, Cinnamon – A small piece
Black pepper- 1 tsp,Fennel seeds- 1 1/2 tsp,Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
Garlic – 4-5,Ginger – 1 inch piece,Green chili – 1 or 2 (as per tolerance)
Coriander leaves – 1 handful
- Grind all the ingredients together coarsely given under to grind.
- Heat mustard oil and add the bay lea hen it browns add the chopped onion when it turns pink add chilli powder, coriander powder,, turmeric pd, salt. Saute until the raw smell goes.
- Add the minced/ ground beef. Make sure the meat is well separated and not clumped for even cooking. Allow it cook half way through.Now add the coarsely ground paste. Mix well.
- Add the diced tomatoes. Cook until the dish is almost done now add the frozen peas. Do not mix too much and mash the peas. Cover and cook on low flame so peas do not change color.
- Cook until peas is done. Before serving sprinkle more coriander leaves.
Serve minced beef with peas along with raita, any flat bread and other curries of ur choice.