Ground beef with peas
Ground beef with peas, a high protein dish to make easily on a weeknight when you have store bought flat bread to go with it.
Minced meat -1 lb (Buy least fat one)
Peas – 1 cup ( frozen)
Red onion – 2 chopped
Tomato – 2 diced
Bay leaf – 1
Mustard oil (preferably) or any cooking oil – 2 to 3 tsp
Chili powder – 1 tsp (use as per tolerance)
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/3 tsp
Salt to taste
Cardamom -3, Cloves- 5, Cinnamon – A small piece
Black pepper corn- 1 tsp,Fennel seeds- 1 1/2 tsp,Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
Garlic – 4-5,Ginger – 1 inch piece,Green chili – 1 or 2 (as per tolerance)
Coriander leaves – 1 handful ( reserve some to garnish in the end)
- Grind all the ingredients together coarsely given under to grind.
- Heat mustard oil and add the bay leaf when it browns reduce heat to lowest add the chopped onion when it turns pink add chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric pd, salt. Saute until the raw smell goes. ***( entire taste of the dish depends on this so do not brown too much) ***
- Add the minced/ ground beef. Make sure the meat is well separated and not clumped for even cooking. Allow it cook half way through.** if there is too much fat melting on side discard some of it ***Now add the coarsely ground paste. Mix well.
- Add the diced tomatoes. Cook until the dish is almost done and dried up. Now add the frozen peas. Do not mix too much and mash the peas. Cover and cook on low flame so peas do not change color.
- Cook until peas is done. Before serving sprinkle more coriander leaves.
Serve minced beef with peas along with raita, any flat bread such as naan, tortillas, Indian chappathi or plain rice and other curries of ur choice.
Latest posts on the blog to check out :
- Salmon with shallots | Easy stovetop recipe (Video recipe)
- Rice and Lentil Sweet Pudding in Instant pot
- Candied Walnuts
- Cranberry infused vodka | Christmas cocktail ideas
- White Russian Cocktail
Hope you would love this Indian flavored ground beef with peas and give it a try.