Persimmon Chiaseed yogurt Verrines, a French dessert that has many layers that plays with bright colors, textures and flavors, served in a small glasses.
- 2 Fuyu Persimmon (1 per person)
- 4-5 tbsp Homemade yogurt from heavy whipping cream Really thick not sour
- 1 1/2 tbsp Chia seed
- 2 tsp Honey
- Wash, wipe and freeze ripe persimmon for 24 hours.
- Soak chia seeds in 1/2 glass water and let it stand for 1 hour to expand or overnight in fridge.
- When u are ready to assemble in the glass simply take out the frozen persimmon put it in warm water for a few minutes then cut off leave part and peel the skin gently with potato peeler (u might have to hold the fruit with a paper towel or cloth as the fruit would be still cold).Cut into bite size pieces
- To assemble
- Arrange few pieces of fruit at the bottom of the glass then slowly put 2 tbsp of yogurt per glass then hold a spoon upside down on top of the yogurt and gently pour 2-3 tsp of chia seeds onto the back of the spoon.So the layers would not mix up .On top add add the remaining cut fruits.Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Before serving drizzle some honey.
We met through blogging sometime back but I always felt I have known her for years.Chitz always has a special and personalized way of writing comments which drew me closer to her.I thoroughly enjoy reading her posts as well.Now don't you think the blog is aptly named indulge.Chitz says she is an amateur cook but you should see the Onam sadhya she made.I was really blown away by the number of dishes she made and also the amount of effort put in to get all the Indian goods in a place like Norway.Hats off to you girl !!
I wanted to make a virtual biriyani for the young couple thats what chechis do right!:) but I gave her a choice and she chose this simple and healthy dessert.
Please hop over to this very sweet girl's blog. Click here.
hope you like this Persimmon Chiaseed yogurt Verrines recipe and will give it a try.