This cake is for all my viewers and blog friends who have unconditionally supported me and motivated me to blog .Here is a big thank you from the bottom of my heart , this small space of mine touched 100K the other day.
So here comes cascades of caramel...
Cheese cake..this is my first attempt.I have had slices of cheese cake earlier always with fruit toppings but was really worried if
I we would be able to finish one whole cake with fruits so I went with the caramel topping. The caramel gives a beautiful toffee flavor which I really love.I had no idea the man of mine would love it so much..I was really shocked to see him enjoying a nice slice every now and then. Daughty was after him saying," Dad, u got to admit u really liked this cake don't you !" He chuckled every time as he gobbled a piece 🙂
The cake vanished in no time...
You must be thinking the caramel is pretty runny seeing the pics but each dripping took at least 10 -15 minutes to really drop down so it gave me ample time to take photos 🙂 There were some sugar crystals on the sides of the pan which I scrapped off and added to the top of the cake.It added a nice crunch.
All the recipes I looked up had loads of cream cheese going into the cake so I have tweaked by adding all purpose flour. The texture was really nice as u can see.
For the crust:
Graham crackers/ Mini vanilla wafers - 1 pack
Butter- 1/2 stick
- Crust the crackers coarsely and add melted butter to it to form a wet sand like mixture.
- Line a 9" pan spring form pan with wax paper just only on the bottom .Put the mixture on top of it and pat it well with ur hand to form an even layer then press it with any flat bottom ramekin to even it out.
- Bake it at 350F for 5 to 8 minutes until the crust is firm.Cool it then refrigerate for sometime until u get the filling ready.
For the filling:
Cream cheese- 1 1/2 packs ( 1 pack is 8 oz)
All purpose flour- 1 cup
Granulated sugar- 1/2 -1 cup
Heavy whipping cream - 3/4 - 1 cup
Vanilla essence- 1 tsp
- Bring everything to room temperature.
- Slowly whip the cheese then add egg one by one then add all purpose flour to it slowly blend in the sugar too along with whipping cream.Do not beat too much for air pockets to form.
- Wrap the outside of cake pan with aluminium foil to catch any leaks from the spring form.I wanted to do a water bath method but my cake pan did not fit into my tray so quit that 🙂
- Pour it on top of the prepared crust and bake it at 325 F for about an hour.That is until the sides begin to brown and center is jiggly and the sides are firm.
- Very important: When done remove the aluminium foil and cover the hot cake pan immediately with a tight lid and keep on the wire rack to cool.This is done to keep the surface of the cake even and the center of the cake does not sink in.Once the cake cools down refrigerate in the spring pan itself.
Granulated sugar-1/2 cup- 3/4 cup
Unsalted butter- 1/2 stick(at room temp)
Whole milk- 1/2 to 3/4 cup (depending on thickness u want )
- Heat a thick bottom pan and add the sugar let it melt on its own (no water added)on a very slow flame when it is completely melted do not stir in between .Switch off flame and add butter (be careful of spluttering) then add whole milk.Stir well heat it and let it thicken( without burning)to the consistency you want then switch off flame.
- Pour it on top of the cake when it is at room temperature.Do not pour too much as it has no jelling agent it will over flow when u open the spring pan.
Immerse the knife in piping hot water for a few minutes,wipe it clean and immediately slice the cake.This is done to get neat slices.Put the knife to heat up back into the water after few cuts.Do not skip this as the caramel will get stuck to the knife and will become really messy.
Do not leave the cake in room temperature for too long.
While I was digging into the cake it kept reminding me of the glaciers and the frozen cliffs 🙂 ... the last pic is my favorite in the whole set.Cheese cake in a new perspective..
Hope to hear from u lovely people out there.
Thank you so much Linsy.
Even though I don't use Egg this cake looks so tempting
Anupa Joseph (Palaharam)
Wow ...that is perfection and that too on your first attempt.. no wonder they vanished in no time :)...Pics are great as usual....Congrats on hitting that milestone Meena...:)
Thank You for making such an awesome dishes that v come back everytime. Cake n caramel is perfect match.
Shaami (Shajitha Habeeb)
Tempting cheese cake Meena,mmm..yummy!
Perfect .. Want to have a slice ...
You know almost everyday first I check your name in blogger dashboard because I know you will come with mind blowing recipe. Yes I was right this is awesome dear..
hugs on passing the 100K hits dear... wishing u many many more on this lovely page of urs... that deadly cheesecake is whispering my name... i love cheese cake but just like u say, the oodles of chesse just peeve me off, i love that u've used all-purpose flour and make it look more like a cake... looks so good... and nothing to say about that caramel topping - i rest my case!!! 🙂
Congrats for 100k hits...wish you many more in future.....cheese cake looks so perfect...
Congrats for hitting the mark. I share the joy and happiness with you. I always admire your pictures, nothing over the top but great shots I must say. The cake is simply good to goodness and what more can I say about the caramel topping.
Perfectly done cake Meena.. Looks delicious and reminds me that its been a long time since I made one..;-) loved the pics too
Sona - quick picks/pick quicks
God!! my eyes got stuck at that caramel cascade..got to say !! such deadly clicks n sooo tempting dessert.
cheese cake looks delectable meena:)
They look super perfect and nobody believes that u did it for the first time.My husband too sometimes dont accept that he likes sweets .
Congrats Meena! A Sinful Cheesecake ! ! ! can I hav one slice.... 🙂
Congrats Meena!I love your space and come back to check daily.Cheese cake is super good.
congrats and thanks for this lovely cheesecake treat....
Congrats on reaching a milestone... Wishing u to achieve more such ones..
Is that piece waiting for me ??
Congrats my friend! What a decadent cheesecake to celebrate with! Such tempting post this is...I just finished my dinner and I am craving for a slice of the caramel doused cheesecake.
Thank you Shey.
Thank you Veena.
Thank you Anupa.
Thank you Bhawna.
Thank you Rekha.
Thank you Shaami.
Looks like men like to talk about cars and barbecue not cakes 🙂
Thank you Sathya.
Oh Resna that is so much motivating dear...thank you.
Thank you so much Rafee...I am so glad u liked it
Loved the illustration on fb.
Thank you so much Nava.
Thank you Princy,I am so glad u like my space 🙂
He hee... thank you Sona.
Thank you Razina.
Thank you Aruna.
Thank you Smitha...he heee take it if u like.
Thank you Preeti.
He hee ...
Thank you Taruna.
Ambreen (Simply Sweet n Savory)
Congratulations Meena! These pictures are drool-worthy, wish I could have a slice 🙂
Thank you Ambreen
congrats! O my such a delicious perfect cheesecake! I can see the efforts behind to reach the perfection! I appreciate your pics! they r so natural n beautiful
it looks delicious!