White Chicken Curry
Delicious creamy white chicken curry
- 4-6 Chicken drumsticks (leg piece)
- 2-3 tsp Cooking oil (Vegetable oil or Olive oil preferred)
To marinate -
- 1/2 cup Plain unflavored yogurt ( Greek yogurt works best)
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- Salt to taste
For the curry -
- 1 Small piece Ginger
- 4-5 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 cup Broken cashew nut pieces (raw) Other alternatives above
- 1 green chili (any variety is fine) serrano or Indian variety
- 1/2 small Red/ white onion- roughly chopped
Finishing Touches -
- 1/2 Cup Heavy cream (Full fat used here) Other alternatives above
- 1 -2 tsp Dried Fenugreek leaves (Methi leaves) (Donot add more it will turn the curry bitter)
- Few sprigs Coriander leaves / cilantro -chopped
Make gashes on the chicken pieces and marinate with yogurt , ginger garlic paste and salt cover and keep aside or refrigerator for 40 minutes
Meanwhile -Tranfer all ingredients given under (For the curry) into a pot and cook until everything is soft pouring halr a glass of water. If using instant pot 10 minutes in manual mode and natural pressure release) Allow this to cool down then grind to smooth paste. Heat a heavy bottom pan or non stick and add cooking oil - 2-3 tsps when it heats up arrange the marinated chicken in a single layer.After 5 minutes on high heat turn the chicken.Pour the remaining yogurt from the marinade. Now add the cooked onion and cashew paste on the chicken. Cover and cook for 10 minutes on medium heat. Add 1/2 glass water.Reduce heat,cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
Now add the dried fengreek leaves by slightly powdering it inside your palm of your hand. Allow the curry to simmer for a few more minutes.
Finally add cream mix until well combined, give it a minute to heat up then switch off heat.
Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and the white chicken curry is ready to be served.
Calories: 359kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 105mg | Sodium: 137mg | Potassium: 378mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 474IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 2mg